[tlhIngan Hol] HeghmoH

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 10:59:11 PDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:57 AM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> If a first officer assassinates a captain for weakness, you'd say *HoD
> HoH yaS wa'DIch** the first officer kills the captain,* not *HoD HeghmoH
> yaS wa'DIch** the first officer is fatal to the captain,* even though the
> sentence is perfectly grammatical. Again, this is just my opinion.

If I heard someone say *HoD HeghmoH yaS wa'DIch*, I'd assume the first
officer didn't intend to kill the captain.

*   HIchDal SeHlawDaq ba'pu' yaS QIp, 'ej HoD HeghmoHpu'.* *The stupid
officer sat on the airlock control panel and caused the captain to die.*

Or maybe that he didn't kill the captain directly.

*   QuSpu' cheng Sa', 'ej Qang HeghmoH.* *General Chang conspired and
caused the chancellor to die.*

bI'reng