[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lorbe'

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 08:26:23 PDT 2017

I spent the weekend with my wife's sister's children.
To make sure I have this straight, they have a one-word term for me.
I am their ('IrneHnal}.
But if I'm to refer to them, I have to say {be'nalwI' tey'pu'} "my wife's
nieces/nephews" (or "niece/nephew-in-law").

Also, I just realized that if one had a transgender sibling who
transitioned after having children, the terms for their children would
switch.
That "World's best {lor}" mug would suddenly be awkward.

~naHQun