[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SuqSIv

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 17 06:54:06 PDT 2017

> Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, April 15, 2017
>
> Klingon word: SuqSIv
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: core (of an apple, planet, sun, but not a group)
> Source: qepHom 2015 p.12

qepHom 2015 (p.12):

  MO: The Klingon word for core (of an apple, for example)
      is {SuqSIv}.
  LL: Is this restricted to fruit, or can this also be used
      for the core of a planet, or the sun?
  MO: Yes, it could be the core of anything, the inside of
      something (but of course not the core of a group, which
      we know is {qolqoS}). It doesn't have to be a fruit,
      and it doesn't have be something that you throw away.

SEE ALSO:
naHlet 	nut (n)
yub 		husk, rind, peel, shell (of fruit, nut)
raS'IS 	seed (n)

Could {SuqSIv} also be the word for nucleus (i.e. of an atom)?  A lot of other atomic and chemical vocabulary was revealed at qepHom 2015 (and 2016) as well, but not AFAIK the word for nucleus per se.  E.g.

HeySel  	atom (n)
'o'rIS 	molecule (n)
pay'an 	[atomic] particle (n)
tem 		electron (n)