[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lay

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Fri Sep 16 07:07:21 PDT 2016

We asked for "air" as in the stuff around us that can be put into tanks. We
got {rewve'} as the common term and {lay} as a technical term. We were not
told the difference.


On Sep 16, 2016 4:25 AM, "De'vID" <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 September 2016 at 16:11, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> > [Maltz] said that this is some sort of technical term. It would be odd
> to say {lay vItlhuH} for "I breathe air", but it would be understood.
> Can someone clarify this? Who asked for this word, and in what
> context? For example, is it related to air travel, aircraft, space
> travel, scuba diving, etc.?
> --
> De'vID
> _______________________________________________
> tlhIngan-Hol mailing list
> tlhIngan-Hol at lists.kli.org
> http://lists.kli.org/listinfo.cgi/tlhingan-hol-kli.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol-kli.org/attachments/20160916/f23ea743/attachment-0004.htm>

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list