[tlhIngan Hol] [KLBC] Can you use several adjective-verbs for the same noun?

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Sep 30 18:06:28 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Aurélie Demonchaux
<demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the TKD’s adjective section, I could see that all the examples
> only have 1 adjective per noun.
>
> So what happens if you want to describe something which has several
> attributes within a sentence?

Klingon for the Galactic Traveler gives a clear answer to this
question. In the section on visual arts and colors (page 82), it tells
us that multiple adjectival verbs are not put on the same noun. The
example of how to do this is {SuDbogh Dargh 'ej wovbogh} "the tea
which is {SuD} and light" (describing yellow tea). If the attributes
are all of the same importance, use the {X-bogh N 'ej Y-bogh}
phrasing. If you think one of them is more part of the essential
nature of what you are talking about, there shouldn't be a problem
using that one in an adjectival way.

-- ghunchu'wI'