[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: quv bey'

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Wed Sep 21 17:55:38 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 6:02 PM, Michael Roney, Jr. <nahqun at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wait, so these are two distinct, and clearly specified types of weapons
> displays?
> I'll have to update my notes accordingly.
>
> Do we know how these differ from the {betleH bey'}?

A {quv bey'} includes various different weapons (
https://hol.kag.org/images/MYTHS/M011.BMP.jpg). A {betleH bey'} only has
{betleH} in it.

> If {bey'} is "ceremonial display" what do I use for the non-ceremonial
> display on the wall behind me?
> https://www.instagram.com/p/BKeeQc3h5OH/

That looks like a {quv bey'} to me.

I think the "ceremonial" part refers to formally displaying something
instead of it just being "displayed" because it's there ({betleH cha'lu'}).

qurgh