[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lay

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 16 07:02:40 PDT 2016

mayqel qunenoS:
>> so, he signed your copy of kgt ? hmm.. interesting.. very interesting..

Lieven:
> Your apparent sarcasm makes me think you are missing this background
> information: Voragh has once collected all of the comments Okrand has
> written when signing people's books. He usually only writes Qapla', but
> sometimes adds more words like {tlhIngan wo' jupna'} or {batlh yIghoj}
> etc. That's why some people are then mentioned as the source of a phrase.

That's my cue...  Here's that list again for those interested:

		AUTOGRAPHS, INSCRIPTIONS & DEDICATIONS

Common phrases Okrand uses on books and photos:

tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'
tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' po'
tlhIngan SuvwI'na'
tlhIngan tIgh DaHaDrup'a'?
tlhIngan wo' jupna'!
not yIjegh!

Specific examples:

tlhIngan Hol DaHaD - vaj choquvmoH.  Qapla'!
 [inscription in DloraH's TKD]

tlhIngan Hol HaDwI'. not yIjegh.  Qapla'!
 [inscription in ghunchu'wI's TKD]

tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' - Qapla'!
 [Raik Lorenz's TKD after a talk Okrand gave in Leipzig, June 2008]

tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' po'!  Qapla'!
 [Felix Malmenbeck, at qepHom wa'maHDIch]

tlhIngan Hol po' 	[sic for {jatlhwI' po'}?]
 [inscription in Mark Reed's TKD]

tlhIngan Hol yIHaD! not yIjegh!  Qapla'!
 [inscription in SuStel's first TKD, signed at qep'a' wejDIch]

tlhIngan jatlhwI' - not yIjegh.  Qapla'!
 [Tad Stauffer's first (blue edition) TKD]

tlhIngan wo' jupna'.  Qapla'!
 [Quvar's KGT at qep'a' chorghDIch]

tlhIngan wo' jupna'. not yIjegh.  Qapla'!
 [Michael Roney, Jr.'s KGT: http://twitpic.com/1job5c ]
 [André's TKD after a talk Okrand gave in Leipzig, June 2008:
  http://n-true.livejournal.com/510304.html]

tlhIngan yIn DayIn.
 [inscription in DloraH's KGT (discussed in HQ 7.4)]

SoSwI' vavwI' je quvmoHjaj paqvam
 [Untranslated dedication to KGT (p. v)]

If anyone has anything else, feel free to share with the collective.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'