[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tuch

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 16 07:14:05 PDT 2016

> Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, September 16, 2016
>
> Klingon word: tuch
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: the future (as a whole)
> Source: qep'a' 23  [2016]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

Compare {'op pIq} "at some point in the future".

Opposite of {pa'logh} "past, the past (as a whole)" (n).

There are two relevant verbs:

vIb  		time-travel into the future,  move through time
           toward the future (v)

  wa'vatlh DIS vIvIb.
  I time-travel 100 years into the future.

  jIvIb. qaSDI' vatlh DIS poH cha'maH Hut, jImev.
  I time-travel to the 29th century.
  (lit. "I time-travel into the future. When Century 29
   happens, I stop.")

vIbHa'  	time-travel into the past,  move through time
           toward the past (v)

  jIvIbHa'pu' 'ej qeylIS vIqIHpu'
  I time-travelled into the past and I met Kahless.

  vIvIbHa'. wejHu' jImev
  I time-travel three days into the past.

All words and examples from qep'a' 23 (July 2016).

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'