[tlhIngan Hol] Marc Okrand narrates audio tour for the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum

Tad Stauffer tadbot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 11:31:36 PDT 2016

I installed the app from the Google Play store, and for the Klingon tour,
it shows the Klingon text for each artifact.

Notably ,the section on the Columbia does read {turlu'taHvIS} with an r.

The first sentence of this artifact's English description on the
Smithsonian webpage
https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/command-module-apollo-11 is :

The Apollo 11 Command Module, "Columbia," was the living quarters for the
three-person crew during most of the first manned lunar landing mission in
July 1969.

Okrand's Klingon version seems to be a translation of this sentence, so
{tur} might mean "to man, not to automate"

Another observation : The word from the Spirit of St Louis section is not
{*DIHbe'}. It is written as {rIQbe'}, which is known vocabulary.

I'll try to compare the official transcription with QeS's transcription
later, unfortunately the app doesn't let me copy and paste the Klingon text
for easy comparison.

-Tad
sent from my smartphone telephone