[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lay

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Sep 16 08:12:08 PDT 2016

Am 16.09.2016 um 16:07 schrieb qurgh lungqIj:
> We asked for "air" as in the stuff around us that can be put into tanks.
> We got {rewve'} as the common term and {lay} as a technical term. We
> were not told the difference.

I wouldn't say that so strictly. Mentioning that one does not breath
{lay} already is a kind of difference.

It leaves room for intepretation, but also gives a direction.
It seems to me like we are surrounded by {rewve'}, and that's what we
breathe. Since {lay} is "technical", it's probably used in expressions
like "liquid air". You don't breathe that, indeed.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh