[tlhIngan Hol] STID canon

ghunchu'wI' qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Sep 7 08:57:53 PDT 2016

On Sep 7, 2016, at 11:38 AM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> I don't know what the full, original line was, or if this was a lip-syncing moment,...

*All* of the Into Darkness lines where the speaker's lips are visible were devised to fit already-filmed scenes. They were filmed in Klingon, but not in the order they ended up in and not with anything like the originally scripted subtitles. In one case, Marc Okrand had to create words to match the mouth movements of a different grammatically-correct Klingon sentence played *backwards*.

-- ghunchu'wI'