[tlhIngan Hol] {-Qo'} and {-taHvIS}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Sep 1 12:06:35 PDT 2016

On 9/1/2016 2:58 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> {-Qo'} always occurs last, unless followed by type 9 suffixes.
>
> but if I have {-Qo'} and {-taHvIS} together, then what do I do ?
>
> {-taHQo'vIS} or {Qo'taHvIS} ?

*-taHQo'vIS*

*-taHvIS* is not a suffix; it is two suffixes. You can also put *-neS*
in there.

    *SoptaHQo'vIS*
    /while he is refusing to eat/

    *bIqettaHneSvIS
    */while you are running, sir/

I'm not so sure about *-qu'* because, while grammatically legal, it
would mean /while CONTINUOUSLY (as opposed to something else),/ but
every Klingon /while/ is continuous so there is nothing else. Likewise
with *-be',* because you can't have /while not continuously/ when every
/while/ is /continuous./