[tlhIngan Hol] The concept of "one/each/every time"

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 08:14:46 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Christa Hansberry <chransberry at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think the point here is that you have to have a suffix like -DI', or
> else you're saying something like, "I tickle a dog at all times; it bites
> me".
>
> -QISta'

Right. In the English sentence "Every time I tickle a dog, it bites me,"
the phrase "every time" is being used like a subordinating conjunction.
Klingon doesn't have subordinating conjunctions. It has Type 9 verb endings
instead. Either use those, or use two sentences that make sense together,
like {/dog/mey vIqotlh. reH muchop.}
~mIp'av