[tlhIngan Hol] The concept of "one/each/every time"

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Oct 31 06:42:56 PDT 2016

Am 31.10.2016 um 14:31 schrieb SuStel:
> *Hochlogh* is an emphatic alternative to *reH,* and *paghlogh* is an
> emphatic version of *not.***Use *reH* unless you're trying to be emphatic.

Yes, true. I understand it that qunnoH wanted to be emphatic, as he
notes that they bite him *each time*. I think it sounds very klingon
when you play with the suffix -logh; compare:

{wa'logh neH muchopbe'; Hochlogh muchop!}
"She does not bite me only one time, she bites me each time"

@qunnoH: sometimes one needs to quit the english vocabulary and see from
a klingon only point of view; forget the difference between
each/every/all etcetera in English. You already admitted that you don't
understand it in english, so why try to transpose that onto Klingon?

Think about that. :-)

I just see Q during the TNG episode saying "You're still thinking like a
Human!"

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh