[tlhIngan Hol] Do you consider bluetooth dangerous ?

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:57:54 PDT 2016

On 10 October 2016 at 16:38, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> ghunchu'wI':
>> {vItlh} is a word recently seen in the NASM audio tour. It
>> probably means something like "be high in magnitude".
>
> {vItlh} appears twice in the "Bell X-1 Glamorous Glennis" section:
>
> [...] puvDI' BELL X-wa', DoDaj vItlh law' wab Do vItlh puS. (NASM)
>

> Do patlh vItlhqu' chavta'.  (NASM)
>

> Does anyone have the English text of the audio tour?

Sort of. I have the app itself, though I haven't transcribed the
English text corresponding to the Klingon text. There's actually not a
1:1 correspondence. Rather, the Klingon is a summary or condensation
of the English text, which is usually longer or split over several
"stories" (each exhibit has multiple of these in the English version,
but only one in the Klingon version).

The Klingon text:
{tera' jaj wa'maH loS, jar wa'maH, DIS wa' Hut loS Soch, vuvDI' Bell
X-wa', DoDaj vItlh law' wab Do vItlh puS. Do patlhvam chavta'bogh muD
Duj wa'DIch moj 'oH. X-wa' 'or SepjIjQa' muD beq Charles E. "Chuck"
Yeager HoD. Do patlh vItlhqu' chavta'. qaStaHvIS wa' rep, vaghvatlh
javmaH loS qelI'qam lenglaH, wabDo wa' vI' pagh jav. Yeager be'nal
vanmeH, muD DujvaD "Glennis 'IH" pong Yeager.}

The corresponding English text:
"On October 14, 1947, the Bell X-1 became the first airplane to fly
faster than the speed of sound. It was piloted by U.S. Air Force Capt.
Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager who named the aircraft Glamorous Glennis in
tribute to his wife... [Next "story", skipping some bits] He reached a
speed of 1127 kilometers per hour (700 miles per hour), or Mach 1.06
at an altitude of 13,000 meters (43,000 feet)."

As you can see, the Klingon text doesn't exactly match the English.

--
De'vID