[tlhIngan Hol] The concept of "one/each/every time"

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 01:58:39 PDT 2016

Recently, at another thread I wrote that a concept I've been
struggling to find a way to convey, is the concept of "one/each/every
time". And it was at this other thread where DloraH wrote {wa' wanI'},
which since i interpreted then to mean "one time", I had no choice
than to rethink this whole matter.

Before I start, lets write a sentence which I believe we will all
agree it is correct:

{DaSjaj manga'chuq lurSa', be'etor jIH je}
On monday, I, lurSa' and be'etor will have sex.

The important thing here, is that we don't say {qaStaHvIS DaSjaj}; we
just say {DaSjaj}.

Now, lets suppose I want to write "each time lurSa', be'etor and I
have sex, they bite me". Why can't I write:

{Hoch wanI' manga'chuq lurSa', be'etor jIH je, muchop} ?
or maybe even:
{Hoch poH manga'chuq lurSa', be'etor jIH je, muchop} ?

Perhaps the argument could be raised, that on our initial example the
word {DaSjaj} is a time stamp (or used as one anyway). However, I have
no choice but to ask: Why can't we use the {Hoch wanI'} and especially
the {Hoch poH} as time stamps too ?

I'd love to hear what anyone has to say on all this..

'ach DaH muloStaHmo' lurSa' be'etor je, jImejnIS ! hahaha

qunnoH