[tlhIngan Hol] jeS

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 07:31:04 PDT 2016

peqIm,

in preparation of his trip to the qepHom, Maltz has slipped some
interesting details about the use of the verb {jeS}:

The verb {jeS} ("participate") does not take an object.  It generally is
in a phrase following a phrase saying what the subject of {jeS} is
participating in.  All of the following can be translated as "I
participate in the qepHom," though the literal meaning of each is distinct:

qaStaHvIS qepHom jIjeS	["While the qepHom is happening, I participate"]
qaS qepHom ’ej jIjeS	["The qepHom is happening, and I participate"]
qaS qepHom vaj jIjeS	["The qepHom is happening, so I participate"]

Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh
Grammarian of the KLI
http://www.facebook.com/Klingonteacher