[tlhIngan Hol] Noone left to tickle

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:27:29 PDT 2016

De'vID:
> vay' qotlhlu' 'e' bajnISlu'.*
> *If you think {net} should be used here instead of {'e'}, good eye,
> and also see TKW p.125.

Indeed I remember, that instead of {yadda yadda 'e' Xlu'} we say
{yadda yadda net X}.

Now, I went to TKW p.125 and read the examples:

{yInlu'taH 'e' bajnISlu'}
Survival must be earned.

{yay chavlu' 'e' bajnISlu'.}
Victory must be earned.

And noticed that these examples obviously contradict the rule we're
talking about. But I guess this is happening because (as we've said in
the past), a lot of phrases in TKW don't follow standard klingon
grammar.

Is there anything else I need to observe/learn from these examples ?

jIH:
> chaq be' jupwI' vIqotlhlaH, 'ach ghaH qotlhlu' 'e' parbe'.
lieven:
> mu'vam yIbuSqa': qotlhlu' 'e' parbe'chugh, vaj 'oH neHbej.

oh, you're right ! I should have used {par} instead of {parbe'}.

qunnoH