[tlhIngan Hol] Vanitas Vanitatum et Omnia Vanitas

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Oct 7 20:12:27 PDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:50 PM, nIqolay Q <niqolay0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> {'op} just means "some, an unspecified amount". It isn't a time period
>> like {rep} or {Hogh}. {'op ret} "some ago" is not a complete idea.
>
> I think you might be out of the loop a bit. At the latest qep'a', MO
> explicitly gave examples that {'op ret} and {'op pIq} were used for "at some
> time in the past/future". It's the first image here:
> http://www.kli.org/activities/qepmey/qepa-chamah-wejdich/new-words/

I am very much in the loop. I was there at qep'a', and I have a copy
of the booklet from which those images were produced. I read that part
as saying that {pa'logh} and {tuch} are the preferred terms, in
contrast to {'op ret} and {'op pIq}. That is why I called the {'op
ret} phrase "odd".

I might be misinterpreting it, and I'm trying to reread it without prejudice.

-- ghunchu'wI'