[tlhIngan Hol] Vanitas Vanitatum et Omnia Vanitas

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 11:06:14 PDT 2016

ghunchu'wI':
> {ret} alone, without being preceded by an actual specifier of a time
> period, is very odd.

I know. Because of that reason in the original sentence I wrote {'op ret}.

ghunchu'wI':
> You could add {DIS}, or you could replace it
> with {ben}, to be "some years ago"

The way I understand words similar to {ret}, they need to be preceeded
or followed by something expressing a number (either a number or
law'/puS/'Iq etc). So, how can we write {DIS ret} ? Or even worst use
{ben} on its own ?

ghunchu'wI':
> In any case, the word {Hoch} ought to go either before or in place of
> the noun it is referring to.

Because of this reason, I placed it before the {wa'} which was used as
noun. I chose this because of the canon example "kill one of them I
don't care who". (I don't remember it exactly at the moment)

qunnoH