[tlhIngan Hol] Use of -pu' (verb suffux)

sustel at trimboli.name sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Nov 28 16:47:00 PST 2016

I disagree with your assessment of the English. I have written is not less remote in time than I wrote. The difference is only one of tense. I have written four books. I wrote the last one last year.

Klingon -pu’ and -ta’ have only the aspectual part of the English. They tell you that the action is/was/will be completed. They don’t tell you when the action occurs or when it is completed. That information must be supplied elsewhere. loS paq vIqonpu’. wa’ ben paq Qav vIqonpu’.