[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing multiple adverbs

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Nov 25 14:03:10 PST 2016

On 11/25/2016 3:28 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> I knew that if we want to add two adverbs to a noun we had the
> following ways:
>
> ngIngbogh HoS nIt
> nItbogh HoS ngIng
> ngIngbogh 'et nItbogh HoS
> nItbogh 'ej ngIngbogh HoS
> ngIngbogh HoS 'ej nItbogh
> nItbogh HoS 'ej ngIngbogh
>
> All good.. but what if these methods failed to convey the feeling I
> was aiming for ?
>
> lets assume I want to say: "pure negative energy I summon thee"
>
> no method of the above is able to convey the exceptional dark "punch"
> of the english original. none.
>
> 'ej souvlakiawIj vISamtaHvIS, luckily I realized that the solution was
> easy:
>
> {HoS nIt, HoS ngIng qarIt}.

I think you meant two adjectival verbs, not two adverbs.

The problem in feeling is that in English "pure, negative energy"
probably isn't what you mean. Do you actually mean "pure energy,
negative energy," or do you mean "purely negative energy"? Is it the
energy that is pure or the negativity?

*ngIngchu'bogh HoS, qarIt.*