[tlhIngan Hol] A ridiculous event

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:44:31 PST 2016

jIH:
> jIHaDchoHta'DI'
SuStel:
> jIHaDchoHDI'

I was trying to express "as soon as I had started studying", trying to give
emphasis to the fact that "my starting" had been completed. But now I
wonder: In the {jIHaDchoHta'DI'}, is it possible for the {-ta'} to refer to
the {-choH}, or does it exclusively refer to the verb ?

jIH:
> 'ej jIbuS 'e' vInID
SuStel
> 'e' vInIDDI'

oh yes, you're right ! I actually thought of using the {-DI'}, but some
wires in my mind short-circuited and I thought it was a type 7 suffix !

jIH:
> yIQ vay'
SuStel
> vay' yIQ

I can't believe I made this mistake..

jIH:
> vItlhe'taH
SuStel:
> vItlhe'lI'

Indeed ! I always seem to forget the existence of the {-lI'}.

qunnoH
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'