[tlhIngan Hol] pIqaD in Unicode--again

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Wed Nov 9 12:37:43 PST 2016

Lovely!

I'd recommend adding some more examples of use by the Klingon-speaking community and random folks, rather than focusing CBS/Paramount sources. After all, we've been using this writing system since before it was cool, and it makes the argument that there's a community behind it, rather than just a company.

To name some examples:

Every day, chaDQI posts original pIqaD calligraphy on Instagram, normally tagged #klingonshodo:
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/klingonshodo/

Every day, qurgh's Klingon Word of the Day on Facebook supplies pIqaD transliterations for all words.

The Misfit Shine has product details written in pIqaD:
https://techcrunch.com/2014/04/20/the-secret-is-klingon/

The app sBASSdrum had a press release written in pIqaD:
http://www.seqmedia.com/projects/sbassdrum/sBASSdrum_Klingon_PressRelease_20140210.pdf

People have been playing Scrabble using pIqaD for more than a decade:
2004 source: http://www.lillsjon.net/~v108e/swecon.html
More recent source: http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Scrabble

...and now there's also Bananagrams:
https://twitter.com/Bananagrams_uk/status/525971513229725696