[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: raHta'

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:02:17 PST 2016

HolQeD 13.1 (p.9-10) :
> ro'qegh'Iwchab 'ey law' qagh 'ey law'
> the rokeg blood pie is as delicious as the gagh
> tlhIngan HoS law' 'Iw HoS law'
> the Klingon is as strong as blood

I can understand these examples since they employ on both "slots" the {law'}

HolQeD 13.1 (p.9-10):
> tlhIngan woch law' tera'ngan woch nIb
> the Klingon is as tall as the Terran
> SuvwI' ghung law' qagh ghung rap
> the warrior is as hungry as gagh

I can't understand why on these examples, at the second "slot" we
don't have the {law'}, but we have {nIb}, and {rap} respectively. Is
this just another alternate way of expressing the desired meaning, or
is there an actual reason because of which we don't have the {law'} on
the second "slot" ?

qunnoH jan puqloD