[tlhIngan Hol] A thought on the irrealis construction

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 02:15:50 PST 2016

mIp'av:
> 'a pa'logh qeltaHvIS, qaSbe'bogh wanI' qelbe'.
> qellaHbe'law'.

If I understand the klingon sentence correctly (and if I don't, then please
correct me) it says: "however, the past while it is considering, it doesn't
consider events which didn't happen. seemingly it isn't able to consider
them".

I think, it is perfectly able to consider events which didn't happen in the
past. Check this out:

"If I hadn't closed the door yesterday, the cat would have been able to
enter the house"

the above in klingon:

{wa'Hu' lojmIt vISoQmoHta'; vISoQbe'moHta' net jalchugh vaj juH 'ellaH
vIghro'}.
"yesterday I closed the door; if one imagines I hadn't closed it,then the
cat would have been able to enter the house".

anyway, if you disagree at anything of the above, I would love to hear your
thoughts.

qunnoH
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'