[tlhIngan Hol] A thought on the irrealis construction

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 3 22:46:56 PDT 2016

Some language textbooks call this sort of sentence an "unreal condition". We need Okrand/Maltz to reveal a one-syllable or two-syllable particle which means "this is not true, but assume for the moment that it is true" or similar, that could be put in if-clauses and when-ckauses and suchlike, and/or into a clause that governs such a clause.