[tlhIngan Hol] Past events {-pu'} and {-DI'}

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 02:34:41 PST 2016

If I want to write "yesterday as soon as we ate" then I would probably
say {wa'Hu' maSoppu'DI'}

If I want to write "four days ago as soon as I saw you" then I would
probably write {loS Hu' qaleghpu'DI'}

If I want to write "four months ago as soon as I hit you" then I would
probably say {loS wen qaqIppu'DI'}

If the above sentences are correct, then this means that when we talk
about a past event which is described by the {-DI'}, then always the
{-pu'} is appropriate.

Or, to express the same question differently "is there a way for a
past event, which is described by the {-DI'} not to be completed, thus
not being able to take the {-pu'} ?"

qunnoH jan puqloD