[tlhIngan Hol] new words qepHom 2016 (city terms)

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 7 02:07:33 PST 2016

At this year's qepHom, we received lots of new words. Some of them were
wishes by qepHom attendees and others. Others were used in Andrew
Miller's Art presentation in a Museum of Pittsburgh, which happened on
the same weekend. Marc Okrand gave me the list in english alphabetical
order, so for reading convenience I re-arranged them in a somehow
logical order.

These are terms about things you may seen in town.

---begin quote---
block (city block) 		taw 'ay'
bookmobile 			paq Duj
fountain 			bIQ ghItmoHwI'
     from the verb ghIt "flow (e.g., water), gush, spout"

landmark 			qach noy (building),
				Daq noy (not a building)

librarian 			paq nojwI', De' QulwI'
library (building) 		paq nojwI' qach
library (public) 		paq nojwI' tum

monument, memorial 		van Hew (sculpture),
				lat or van qach (building)

museum 				'angweD
park (e.g., recreational) 	yotlh
planetarium 			logh chal je 'angweD,
planetarium (building)		logh chal je 'angweD qach
plaza, courtyard 		ghommeH yotlh
postal service 			QIn tum
post office (building) 		QIn tum qach
public area 			tlhop