[tlhIngan Hol] Adverbs with {-qu'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Nov 30 10:08:19 PST 2016

On 11/30/2016 12:28 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> SuStel:
> > Okrand had recently added
> >*-Ha'* to an adverbial for the first time
>
> So, do we consider this to be for us a license to place {-Ha'}, to
> whichever adverbs we wish ?

His general message has been, yes, adverbials can generally use *-Ha',*
but there's no absolute guarantee that all of them can do it.

> And where do we draw the line ? Why stop at the {-Ha'}, and not
> continue to other rovers as well ?

Because Okrand has specifically about and used only *-Ha'.* No other
suffix has been used or even hinted at.

> If someone writes something which 'oqranD never wrote, we say "don't
> do it, it has no precedent". but if there is a precedent, why not act
> upon it ?

Precedent and suggestion exists for *-Ha';* it does not exist for any
other suffix.