[tlhIngan Hol] HopHa'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Nov 29 07:15:58 PST 2016

On 11/29/2016 10:00 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> SuStel:
>> Maybe for the same reason the English didn't use nearby?
> hmm.. is there a rule that in be-verbs used as adjectives someone can
> place the {-Ha'}, or is this sentence from paq'batlh an exception ?
>
> and remind me of something.. in verbs used as adjectives, we can have
> the {-qu'}, right ? but can we have the {-be'} ?  In the above
> sentence could there be {Daq Hopbe’Daq qa’chaj nejlI’ qotar Qempa’QeH
> je} ?

We've seen three of the four rovers used as suffixes on adjectival
verbs. *-qu'* appears in /The Klingon Dictionary/ (section 4.4) and is
explicitly allowed. *-be'* first appears in /Conversational Klingon/ in
the section on counting as *wa'maH yIHmey lI'be'.* *-Ha'* first appears
in /Klingon for the Galactic Traveler/ as *Duj ngaDHa'* in the section
on slang. Each type has been used more than once.

Clearly, *-qu', -be',* and *-Ha'* are all allowed on adjectival verbs. I
don't think we've ever seen any other suffixes on such verbs.