[tlhIngan Hol] The most beautiful decepticon

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 28 13:22:08 PST 2016

mayqel qunenoS:
>> {f-22 'IH law'bej truck rIgh 'IH puS}
>> f-22 is definitely more beautiful than a lame truck.
>>
>> Is the {law'bej} legal ? can we add suffixes to the {law'} and {puS},
>> of the {... quality verb law' ... quality verb puS} construction ?

SuStel:
> I don't think we've ever seen the formulaic part of a comparison sentence
> get a suffix.

We have, but just once AFAIK.  See HolQeD 13.1:10 which discusses variations to the classic {law'/puS} formula:

  QuchlIj vIl law'be' QuchwIj vIl puSbe'
  your forehead isn't ridgier than my forehead.

Note that {-be'} is on *both* {law'} and {puS}.

FYI, {vIl} "be ridgy (forehead)" (v).

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'