[tlhIngan Hol] magic and magicians

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 28 10:33:31 PST 2016

You’re right that Okrand rarely uses {-lI’}.  But post-TKD he has used it only a couple of times in the paq’batlh:

yatlh luqara' puqloD wa'DIch qenglI'
Lukara, pregnant [lit. "carrying"] of their first-born son (PB)

Daq HopHa’Daq qa’chaj nejlI’ qotar Qempa’QeH je
Not far away, Kotar and his Qempa'keh, are in search for their souls. (PB)

… and once in Sonnet 116:

ghobe'! qarbejbogh DoDvam qontaH 'u'
jevqu'taHvIS muD ral, bejlI' parmaq.
Qombe'! nISbe' jevwI', 'ej not ruS baq.
Oh, no! It is an ever-fixed mark.
That looks on tempests and is never shaken.

--Voragh

On Behalf Of nIqolay Q
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 10:49 AM