[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing multiple adverbs

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 12:28:55 PST 2016

poH ngaj ret, souvlakia vIje'meH jIve'taH ('elaDya'ngan jIHmo', pIj
souvlakia vISop); 'ej jIve'taHvIS..

I made an important realization.

I knew that if we want to add two adverbs to a noun we had the following
ways:

ngIngbogh HoS nIt
nItbogh HoS ngIng
ngIngbogh 'et nItbogh HoS
nItbogh 'ej ngIngbogh HoS
ngIngbogh HoS 'ej nItbogh
nItbogh HoS 'ej ngIngbogh

All good.. but what if these methods failed to convey the feeling I was
aiming for ?

lets assume I want to say: "pure negative energy I summon thee"

no method of the above is able to convey the exceptional dark "punch" of
the english original. none.

'ej souvlakiawIj vISamtaHvIS, luckily I realized that the solution was easy:

{HoS nIt, HoS ngIng qarIt}.

Perhaps it is just a matter of personal preference, but I feel that the
last method better conveys the feeling of the moment, let alone that it is
more direct than "energy which is this and that go figure".

Of course the question arises: In the {HoS nIt, HoS ngIng qarIt} is it
legal to use the {qa-} ? ok, here you got me.. I don't know for sure, but
if:

a. each of the {HoS nIt} {HoS ngIng} are to be considered to be forms of
address, and
b. they address the same thing (which is "one")

then why not use the {qa-} ?

maj ! DaH souvlakiameywIj vISop.

qunnoH
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'