[tlhIngan Hol] gyros with pita

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 18 12:20:04 PST 2016

(st.klingon 6/1997):  {DaHjaj} also behaves as a noun (as opposed to an adverbial element) in such noun-noun constructions as {DaHjaj gheD} "today prey" or "today's prey", a term often heard in Klingon restaurants with a meaning comparable to "catch of the day".

(KGT 100ff.):  In some restaurants, the menu ({HIDjolev}) is posted (seldom are individual copies available), but in most, the patrons know the regular fare and ask about specials, including the {DaHjaj gheD} (literally, "today's prey"), a dish whose components depend on what animals the restaurant's hunters were able to bring in.

n  Voragh

On Behalf Of SuStel
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 2:14 PM

On 11/18/2016 3:12 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

jIH:
> tlhoy le' DaHjaj ram gyros

I wrote this to mean "the gyros of tonight was excellent". however I need to ask: can someone use a timestamp (in this case {DaHjaj ram}), as the first pair of a noun-noun construction, where the second noun is being possessed by the first ? Can we say {DaHjaj Soj}, for "today's food" ?

HIja'. DIp 'oH neH DaHjaj'e'.