[tlhIngan Hol] Ha'DIbaHvam Doj bongu'laH'a'?

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:10:15 PST 2016

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
SaHbe' H***** B*****. SaHbe' jay'!

mutvam Dangu'laHbej! muchvam Dabej'pu'a' SoH je? muchvam cha' mu'tlhegh Dun
Damughchu'.

jatlh je:

> Leaving off {-chugh} seems to be a common error among advanced speakers of
> Klingon. I wonder if there's a linguistic theory that explains this
> phenomenon.

Alright, I'm making better errors!
That's hardly the first time I left the {-chugh} off, and I think the
context is often 2nd person. Maybe it's an English idiom creeping in: "You
do this, that happens" instead of "If you do this,..." Or is it not only
peculiar to English?

jatlh SeQpIr Voragh je:
*cheDuQchugh mareghbe''a'*?

vaj jatlhbe'law' SeQpIr <choDuQchugh, bInIjbe''a'?> chaq vIQoyHa'pu'.

~mIp'av