[tlhIngan Hol] Can we have the {-be'} twice ?

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Nov 16 12:13:47 PST 2016

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:14 AM, kechpaja <kechpaja at comcast.net> wrote:

> At the qepHom earlier this month, Marc told me and a few other folks
> that you can't have more than one {-be'} (or more than one {-qu'}) in a
> single word.
>
> (Has this been documented anywhere? I didn't write down what Marc said
> verbatim; I only remember having the discussion)

The existence of that rule(-Hey) is going to need some stronger evidence
before I start following it. I remember hearing Marc Okrand agree, many
years ago, with the idea that two {-be'} or two {-qu'} suffixes *in a row*
would not be considered proper. Are you sure that's not what he was saying?

-- ghunchu'wI'