[tlhIngan Hol] And because of this reason cars should have phasers

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Nov 9 09:59:25 PST 2016

On 11/9/2016 10:43 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> > wanI'vam lajlu'Qo
>
> I wrote this in order to say "someone refuses to accept this event".
>
> Could I write instead {wanI'vam lajQo' wa'} ? Can the {wa'}, "stand
> alone" in order to mean "one person/someone" ?

Yes. See /TKD /5.2: "Numbers are used as nouns. As such, they may stand
alone as subjects or objects or they may modify another noun." But based
on /TKD/, *wanI'vam lajQo' wa'* probably means /one (of them) won't
accept this event/—in other words, it presupposes the listener already
knows about a group, out of which you're singling one. It's not the same
as *vay'* or *-lu'*.

I think *wanI'vam lajlu'Qo'* is the superior sentence, and better
translated /this event won't be accepted./