[tlhIngan Hol] Dop Hurgh lo'laHghach

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Nov 8 10:13:28 PST 2016

On 11/8/2016 12:32 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> ok, so far so good.
>
> So, because both sentences (A&B) are essentially the same, one CAN say
> {Dochmey HochHom luyajHa' nuvpu'}, with the only problem being, that
> perhaps this klingon sentence -for the same reason as its english
> counterpart- is awkward too.
>
> However one CANNOT say {Dochmey mI'} because the meaning of it, isn't
> "several things" but "THE NUMBER of things".
>
> Would you agree with these conclusions ?

*Dochmey HochHom luyajHa' nuvpu'* is not awkward in Klingon, so far as
we know. The English is awkward because one does not typically talk
about "the things' majority" but rather of "most of the things." This is
just the difference of expression from one language to another.

An extremely common issue that students of Klingon grapple with is that
"Y of the X" does not always translate into Klingon "X Y."