[tlhIngan Hol] DungluQ.. Say what ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Nov 8 06:44:20 PST 2016

On 11/8/2016 8:55 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> In greece, we have a word which describes the time of day from around
> 1.00 pm to roughly 4.00 pm. And another word for the time of day
> between lets say 5.00 pm to around 7.30
> pm.
>
> What does the {DungluQ) actually describe ?

*DungluQ* is /noon,/ or 12 pm.

In English we have the words /morning, afternoon, evening,/ and /night,/
which aren't rigidly defined by clock-time/. /A common understanding is
that morning is from dawn to 11:59 am; afternoon is from 12:01 pm to the
beginning of twilight; evening is from the beginning of twilight to the
end of dusk; night is everything else. /Evening,/ in particular, changes
in meaning depending on the speaker and the context; it can often cover
what might otherwise be considered the late part of the afternoon.

Klingon has the following words, which may or may not correspond to the
English terms:

*pem*/daytime/
*jajlo'*/dawn/
*po*///morning