[tlhIngan Hol] A thought on the irrealis construction

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:28:50 PDT 2016

SuStel:
> Also note that the word irrealis means anything that states something other than actually is.

yeah, sorry. my bad ! As I always say, grammar terms confuse me. I
remember googling "irrealis", and a million types of it came up. The
irrealis type I am referring to in this post, is the "would be" type.

SuStel:
> give it enough context to make it clear that you are being hypothetical.

And here is the key. Being someone who a few months ago, found it hard
as hell to write a single klingon sentence, while now finds it easy as
pie to write one, I realize that through context one can overcome
almost anything.

The important thing for someone though, is to free his mind. My
problem with irrealis (of the "would be" type) wasn't as much the lack
of a specific suffix for it; it was my mind's "obsessive expectation"
to see a specific suffix for it. As soon as I let go of that obsessive
expectation everything became clear.

qunnoH
you haven't experienced shakespeare
unless you read him in the original klingon