[tlhIngan Hol] Anyone wan to help design a Klingon ruler?

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:48:41 PDT 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Alan Anderson <qunchuy at alcaco.net> wrote:

> Reasonable expectations apparently do not apply to Klingon units of
> measure.

...and not just units of measure, which is why I speculated cautiously (I
forgot about that discussion of measurement). Also why it's so useful to
have Maltz around (though it would be nice to hear a lot more from him),
since any language (except maybe Lojban, from what I've heard) defies
expectations, English more than some. When my daughter was two, she had the
reasonable expectation that the contraction for "am not" was "amn't."
Recently we found out {jeS} never takes an object, contrary to a lot of
people's expectations that it wouldn't necessarily be intransitive like
English "participate." Fine by me, or I'd quit and study Lojban instead.
~mIp'av