[tlhIngan Hol] {vaD}ed nouns

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 03:37:32 PDT 2016

lieven:
>  TKD, chapter 3.4 The noun-noun-construction says [..]

While I was wondering about the {vaD}ed nouns this rule came to mind,
but I hoped there was a way to "work around it". But it was too good
to be true..

SapIr:
> I suspect that the Klingon for "security organization" would probably
> look just like the English: {Hung 'obe'}. You wouldn't need a {vaD}.

I agree. I just used the {HungvaD 'obe'}, as an example of a {vaD}ed noun.

SapIr:
> Another question worth asking, though, is whether a {'obe'} can see
> something in Klingon

This is a good question. Perhaps an {'obe'} can't actually see, and
this possibility came to mind while I was writing the example. But I
used it anyway, because at the moment it was the only example that
came to mind.

qunnoH