[tlhIngan Hol] 'op Human be'..

Christa Hansberry chransberry at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:33:17 PDT 2016

---quote: qunnoq---

reH, naDev pawta'DI' vay' 'ej mu'meyDaj qab law' mu'mey'wIj qab puS,
bep pagh ! pagh'e' !
always, whenever here some new guy arrived, whose requests were way
more absurd than mine, noone complained ! noone !

wa'logh jatlhta' vay' : vatlh law' mu' ghajDI' tlhIngan Hol, ngugh
vIghajqang ! qaSpa' ghu'vam vIghojQo !
someone once wrote : only when klingon possesses several thousands
words, I will be willing to learn it. not before !

'ej ngugh chay' Suvang ? Subep'a' ? ghobe' ! ghaHvaD jeghta' Hochmey
po'wI'pu' !
and then what did you do ? did you complain ? of course not ! all
senior members surrendered.

tlhIngan Hol ghojqangQo'bogh vay'vaD, Sujeghta'..
for someone who didn't want to learn klingon you surrendered..

mu'meyDaj vIjatlhta'DI', qaSpu'pa' wa' lup neH, tuHIvbej.
if I had spoken his words, you would have attacked me in an instant.

---endquote---

Well, you can't see what went on off-list... but maybe they thought "What a
weirdo!" and decided to ignore him. Actually, if you're thinking of the
same "new guy" I'm thinking of, most of his messages went to my spam
folder, so that might have happened to some others too, and then they
wouldn't have seen his messages, to be able to attack them. I don't have a
very clear memory of that incident, but I haven't seen or heard from him
recently... and what do you mean be "surrendered"? It's not like they said,
"Oh! Well if you put it that way, here, a bunch of new words!" It seems to
me, from what I remember, that it was more like, "Ookie, you can count
grains of sand all you want, but Klingon is what it is, so if you don't
like it, don't bother with it!" But my memory's pretty sketchy...

And I did observe that you said " 'op" and not "Hoch"; surely there are
many things true of "some human women", that don't apply to all, and I'm
perfectly fine with assuming that "some" doesn't include me, and thus don't
really have any reason to be offended. *shrug*

-QISta'