[tlhIngan-Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Hoqra'

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Fri Jun 3 08:14:00 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:06 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 June 2016 at 16:00,  <> wrote:
> > Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, June 03, 2016
> >
> > Klingon word: Hoqra'
> > Part of speech: noun
> > Definition: tricorder
> > Source: TKD (89 KE, 158 EK)
>
> Perhaps this is related to the recent mailing list reconfiguration,
> but the sender is now empty on the "Klingon Word of the Day". (It's
> literally blank, and displayed as "unknown sender" on Gmail.)

No, it's due to a recent reconfiguration of the server that sends the KWOTD
mails. I upgraded to PHP7, which broke a bunch of stuff. I've fixed most of
it, but this is a new issue for today. Yesterday no mail was sent due to a
different error.

> It used to say "qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net>" up until yesterday.
>
> It may be an improvement in the sense that mails actually from qurgh
> and automated mails like KWOTD should be distinguishable (so if I'm
> searching for a mail from qurgh using the word {Hoqra'}, I don't get
> this KWOTD thread). But if the sender can be set to anything, perhaps
> it should be set to say "KWOTD" or whatever.

Previously they were sent via my gmail account, hence the reason it showed
my name. I did this because the list does not accept mail from
non-subscribed addresses. Today's mail was actually sent directly to the
list by sendmail, and I had to manually approve it to get it to go through.
I'll see what I can do about changing the name, but at first I need to get
it working where I don't have to approve them all. :)

qurgh