[tlhIngan Hol] Admire the man..

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 07:28:17 PDT 2016

SuStel :
> The bathroom isn't a beneficiary of the action of waking or not waking.

There is something here that rubs me the wrong way (I love this
american expression !).

Way back, I believed that by saying "beneficiary of the action", we
meant that it is someone or something that actually benefits/profits
from the action.

So, someone told me (I think it was Qov), that by saying "beneficiary"
we don't mean that someone or something actually benefits, but that
someone or something (other than the direct object) is affected in any
way.

In the bathroom example, isn't the bathroom affected ? As soon as
someone (the person of the sentence) wakes up, he goes to the
bathroom..