[tlhIngan Hol] Disturbing irregularities

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 02:49:51 PDT 2016

DevID:
> the answer to {'Iv SoH} should take the form
> {X SoH} (and not {X jIH}). {SoH 'Iv} avoids this problem.

I can't understand this. Why when someone asks me {'Iv SoH}, I can't
reply saying {mayqel jIH}, and be consistent with the TKD ?

I would be placing the answer {mayqel} at the place of the {'Iv} and I
would have replaced -necessarily- the {SoH}, with {jIH}. Is this
replacement, the point you're trying to make ?

Do you mean, that by using {SoH 'Iv} and replying {mayqel jIH}, the
replacement matter is overcome, because the answer doesn't just
replace the {'Iv} of the {'Iv SoH} (if we had used it), but employs a
different word order altogether ?

But if that's the case, then the {SoH 'Iv}, not only it doesn't
address any matter at all, but it contradicts the rule that "the {'Iv}
takes the place of the answer in a
sentence", since the answer {mayqel jIH}, doesn't just replace the
{'Iv} but changes the word order altogether.

This whole matter resembles quick sand ; the more I try to understand,
the deeper I get..