[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yejHaD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 14 06:34:38 PDT 2016

mayqel qunenoS:
> nuq 'oH FMC'e'

FMC = "FRIEND OF MALTZ" CERTIFICATE

It's a commendation awarded by the Klingon Language Institute (KLI).  Here's the version of the text I have in my notes (which I think was published in HolQeD):

  tlhIngan Hol Danummo' pIquvmoH.
  tlhIngan Hol yejHaD Datoy'mo' pInaD.
  DaHjaj matlh jupna' pIpong.

  Because you promote the Klingon language, we honor you.
  Because you serve the Klingon Language Institute, we commend you.
  Today we name you a true friend of Maltz.

  Marc Okrand
  matlh jupna' wa'DIch

  Lawrence M. Schoen
  tlhIngan Hol yejHaD DevwI''a'