[tlhIngan Hol] Verb suffix order

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:58:15 PDT 2016

I believe it was some months ago, I had talked about the problem of
remembering the order of the verb suffixes.

Then I wrote, that I had the difficulty of remembering their order.

In order to solve this problem, I followed this method :

I memorized the suffixes of each type. And every day, I recited the
entire order in mind. The important thing here, is while reciting the
suffix list in your mind, to *feel* as you go from type 1 to type 9,
some kind of "cascade".

I can't quite put it in words, but you must *feel* as if you're going
"down a ladder" (or up a ladder), so as your mind to get the feeling
of what comes first, what follows and what comes last.

After doing this for a few months, I can't say that always - while I
write - the correct order of suffixes automatically appears in my
mind, but the good thing is that even if I have to "actively" think
for it, it takes just a couple of seconds.

For the time being, its the best solution I have been able to find for
this problem.

mayqel