[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon in Buffy

Jeremy Silver j.silver at mupwi.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 17:23:38 PDT 2016

On Wednesday 29 Jun 2016 16:54:01 MorphemeAddict wrote:
> Here's where I found it and my transliteration of the pIqaD.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_language#/media/File:Klingon_love_poet
> ry,_from_Buffy_the_Vapire_Slayer_%22Seeing_Red%22.png
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 4:51 PM, MorphemeAddict <lytlesw at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just discovered that a so-called Klingon love poem in pIqaD was shown in
> > Buffy the vampire slayer, May 2002, season 6.
> > Has it been discussed here? I never watched the show.
> >
> > Although the words could be real, I don't recognize them.
> > Who wrote it? What is the transliteration? What does it mean?
> >
> > lay'tel SIvten

I did watch Buffy, but I blinked and missed this scene. I likely got reminded
of this image/episode recently in a similar way as you.

I think some of those words/letters were mis-identified. It looks to me like
somebody was actually capable of finding proper words in the dictionary, some
of which might be used in a composition of this type, and transliterating them
correctly too. A level of attention to detail that astounds me.
So I will list my interpretation below of what I've managed to work out.

Hope most people on the list can read utf8 unicode and have the right font
working on their email system (should work with the code2000 font character
locations), and this doesn't break things:


yI'el!
Enter!
